Harrison M300 Centre Lathe
The M300 Harrison precision geared head 13” (330 mm) swing lathe is available with 25” (750 mm) or 40” (1000 mm) center distances It is a fully-functional lathe capable of executing the entire range of turning, facing, boring, facing, threading and taper turning operations required of a conventional manual lathe. Thus making it one of the most outstanding premiere manual lathes of its kind in manufacturing world today .
M300 lathes are designed and manufactured to a standard of excellence , that have established and made all Harrison built Lathes among the world’s finest. High quality design and manufacture, reliable performance, long life and standards of safety meeting all international and including the latest European CE requirements, make the conventional lathe an outstanding asset in any workshop.
The precison accuracy, robust and ergonomically designed aspects of M300 manual lathe, qualify it to function in virtually every environment imaginable. These lathes operate well in; in machine shops, toolrooms, research & devolpment (R& D) facilities, maintenance and repair operations (MRO) departments, educational –vocational training institutions, gun smithing and serious high end hobbyist’s ,etc.
The M300 offers the operator ,instructor and student, maximum performance for a compact conventional lathe. Powerful headstock gear transmission provides the power needed for heavy metal removal, State of the art electrics, combined with easy access to all the lathe controls, facilitate operation of the lathe. Gamet precision headstock spindle bearings further insure high precision tolerance turning. All these combined features make for ease of operation plus keeping serving requirements to a minimum.
• Spindle speeds are easily, quickly
and safely selected by two push and turn controls.
• Smooth power transmission through a twin vee belt drive and induction hardened and ground headstock gearing ensure quiet running.
• D- Style Camlock nose provides fast and simple change over of spindle workholding equipment.
• Large saddle and slide bearing areas ensure precision and long life.
• Ergonomically designed with easy and positive apron controls.
• The combination of the box section cast iron bed and rigid steel base provides an integrated structure with strength and vibration damping characteristics.
• Separate hardened and precision ground ways for saddle and tailstock provide resistance to wear for long lasting accuracy.
• Gated 3rd shaft lever with No-Volt relay to protect against restart.
• Rapid action foot controlled brake with electrical disengagement.
• Safety interlock "Wrap Around" chuckguard.
• Safety protection of the leadscrew by an adjustable torque limiter and of the feed shaft by a trip mechanism in the apron.
• Universal gearbox enables quick and easy selection of metric or imperial feed rates and thread pitches.
• Deep section top slide with dovetail guides and gib strip adjustment has unrestricted swivel.
• Cross slide is full length and dovetailed to accept accessories at rear. Cross slide nut has an adjustable anti backlash feature.
• Full length fixed and rigid leadscrew cover.
• The tailstock quill is marked in both imperial and metric graduations and has cam operated locking.
• Electrical housing is sealed and isolator interlocked.
Straight and gap bed versions
are available with left or right hand apron handwheels